There’s a new subreddit on Reddit for Large Group Awareness Training.
Check it out at:
Self-Help debunked and exposed in five fun articles :
1) New book by author Brian Haigh
2) New York Magazine at http://www.nymag.com
3) io9 at http://www.io9.com
4) The Advocate of Hampstead & Manchester at http://www.carrollcountytimes.com
5) Blouin Art Info at http://www.artinfo.com
Two pop culture LGAT updates:
This looks to be a fascinating play inspired by a young girl who was subjected to a form of large group awareness training at the age of nine years old.
Dr. Berman compares a former leader of a large group awareness training organization to: “Ayn Rand warmed over”. It’s a most interesting and fascinating commentary on the resultant psyche of those who have participated in forms of large group awareness training.
Best 9 ways to check if your group is led by a dangerous charismatic leader
1) Is your charismatic leader manipulative, does he act like a con artist?
2) Does your charismatic leader maintain a grandiose sense of self? Does she feel everything is owed to her as a right?
3) Is your charismatic leader a pathological liar? Does he lie even when it is obvious or even in small situations when it is unnecessary?
4) Does your charismatic leader have a lack of remorse? Does she not show any guilt or signs of shame for dangerous or even possibly criminal behavior she may have performed in the past?
5) Is your charismatic leader a thrill seeker? Does he have a need for stimulation? Does he partake in dangerous thrill seeking behavior in his spare time?
6) Does your charismatic leader have a lack of empathy? Is she callous? Does she ridicule others in public or in front of large groups of people?
7) Is your charismatic leader impulsive or have poor behavior control mechanisms? Is he prone to making large purchases of extravagant gifts for himself? Is he prone to fits of rage or abuse? Does he command others to perform abuse on his behalf?
8) Did your charismatic have early onset of behavior problems? Was she a juvenile delinquent? Was she cruel to others as a youngster? Did she have early failed relationships?
9) Is your charismatic leader unfaithful to his sexual partners? Is he promiscuous? Does he have a disturbing pattern of serial adultery or infidelity? Were there reports of child abuse, child sexual abuse, or rape committed or allegedly committed by the charismatic leader?
Skeptictank.org. “Profile of Cult Leaders”.
Dannyhaszard.com. “Psychopathy and Characteristics of a Cult Leader”.
Truthonthenet.com. “Profile of a Cult Leader”.
Anandainfo.com. “Cult Leaders: The Master Manipulator”.
Tobias, Madeline Landau; Janja Lalich. Captive Hearts, Captive Minds. (1994). Chapter 5: “Characteristics of a Cult Leader”. pp. 67-79.
Note: Captive Hearts, Captive Minds is an excellent resource for further info, many of the questions above were drawn from warning signs about charismatic leaders in this section of the text.
Comedy is a great communicator
Through the use of comedy we can learn about the impact of Large Group Awareness Training on individuals after going through a taxing seminar.
Here is an example from comedian Daniel Ryan-Spaulding:
We hope you enjoy it!
Knox Bronson gives a most interesting audio commentary on a controversial Large Group Awareness Training. Take note of the entertainingly fervent responses in the comments section. See more at: Knox Bronson Music and Art.
Dean Brandon links readers to this intriguing reflection on a Large Group Awareness Training, in this post drawing attention to a YouTube video clip. Again the response posts make for amusing reading material.
The folks over at The PR Verdict analyze this disappointing lunch date, and they comment on the behavior of the subject being interviewed. Note what caused “more than a hint of irritation from his luncheon companion.” The conclusion: “this was a disappointment.”